Friday, March 19, 2010

DEITIES STRIKE MAN, 20? (MIRROR, PAGE 25, MARCH 20, 2010)

From George Ernest Asare, Achiase.

What started as a mere voluntary service to let the truth prevail in a controversy between two charismatic church leaders in Kumasi is now turning bloody. 
A 20-year-old man who allegedly invoked the spirit of six river deities in Ashanti to strike dead anyone who lied that some concoctions had been buried on the premises of a church, has been struck by the same deities he invoked.
A few weeks after Charles Agyepong, the only son of his parents, allegedly invoked the spirit of the deities, including the famous Antoa, he has been bleeding from his male organ, which is also swelling and increasing in size daily.
Prior to that, he was bed-ridden, as both legs and hands increased in size, making it impossible for him to walk steadily.
He had to be supported by family members and a walking stick anytime he wanted to respond to the call of nature or attend to any emergency programme.
According to Agyepong, who claimed to be a victim of circumstances, “I have also become sexually incapacitated, as I have not been sexually active for some time, compelling my wife to leave our matrimonial home.”
At the moment, his family is trying to reverse the curse. 
Agyepong’s problems started after hearing on radio that two of his friends, alleged to have buried some concoctions on the premises of the Ebenezer Miracle Worship Centre at Ahenema Kokoben, were denying that they knew each other.
Moments afterwards, Agyepong boarded a vehicle from Achiase in the Ejisu Juaben District of the Ashanti Region to the Suame Police Station, where the case was being investigated, and without any provocation, invoked the spirit of the Antoa deity and five others, to strike dead anyone who attempted to lie.
Explaining his action, he said: “Upon hearing that Frank Annor and Charles Abankwa — two of my friends — were embroiled in a controversy over the alleged burying of some concoctions on a church premises, I went to the Suame Police Station and invoked the spirits of the deities to ensure that the truth prevailed.
“I also invoked the spirit of the river deities to strike dead anyone who offered bribe or received monetary gains to influence the outcome of the controversy in the case to ensure that the truth prevailed, but moments afterwards, some radio presenters called and persuaded me to say that I had never met Annor and Abankwa in my life.
“This was after they had assured me that one of the church leaders involved in the controversy had promised to deposit GH¢3,000 in my bank accounts, provided I lied that everything I said on the Annor and Abankwa issue involving the burying of concoctions on the Ahenema Kokoben church premises was concocted.“
Explaining how he was embroiled in the issue during an interview with The Mirror he said “it was some radio presenters who persuaded me to lie that all what I said about my friends were concocted. They gave an assurance to deposit GH¢3000 into a bank account for me but only gave me GH¢30.00 for my transport.
“Now my health is failing very fast and since I don’t want to die at such a tender age, I want the radio presenters to come public and boldly tell everyone about the role they played in bringing this predicament upon me, failing of which I will invoke the spirit of the river deities to strike them dead. If I am going to die, I will not go alone.”
His sister, who identified herself as Yaa Fosua, said “four of her seven siblings are dead, leaving her and two others, including Agyepong.
“Our father is dead and my mother is dumb. Charles is my only brother, so I am prepared to support him not only to reverse the curse to enable him to recover and enjoy life, but also invoke the spirit of the deities to strike those who persuaded my brother to lie without fulfilling the promise they made,” she assured.

No comments: